Author/s: Elisabeth H Wiig, Wayne Secord and Eleanor Semel
Publication year: 2006
Age Range: 3 years to 6 years
Administration: Individual – 30 to 45 minutes
Scores/ Interpretation: Core language score, receptive and expressive language index scores, expressive language, language content, and language structure index scores; standard scores, percentile ranks, age equivalents, and growth scores.
Scoring options: Scoring Assistant software or manual scoring
Measure a broad range of expressive and receptive language skills in young children with CELF-Preschool 2
The testing of choice used to evaluate those aspects of language necessary for preschool children to make the transition to the classroom. Comprehensively measures a broad range of language skills for children age 3-6 years, while meeting IDEA mandates.
- Includes a variety of subtests, including a pre-literacy scale, that provides in-depth assessment of a child’s language skills
- A pragmatics profile helps to describe the child’s language use at school or at home
- Results guide you in developing successful intervention planning
- Illustrations are age-appropriate and engaging
More than 1,500 preschool-aged children participated in the standardization.
New Growth Scores and Growth Charts provide an objective, quantitative measuer of a child’s progress.
Features & Benefits
The language assessment specifically designed for preschool aged children who are bound for the classroom
CELF Preschool-2 provides a variety of subtests to comprehensively test the language skills of preschool-aged children who will be in an academic-oriented setting.
- Includes a variety of subtests that provide in-depth assessment of a child’s language skills.
- Includes a pre-literacy scale and phonological awareness subtest.
- A pragmatics profile helps to describe the child’s language use at school or at home.
- Contains interesting, age appropriate, full-color pictures to hold the child’s attention.
- Meets current IDEA guidelines.
- More than 1,500 children participated in standardization, reliability, and validity studies.
Areas of Assessment
Subtests include: Concepts and Following Directions, Word Structure, Expressive Vocabulary, Recalling Sentences, Sentence Structure, Basic Concepts, Recalling Sentences in Context, Word Classes and Phonological Awareness.
CELF Preschool-2 Scoring Assistant
Now you can quickly and accurately score test results, maintain demographic information, store raw scores and produce comprehensive graphical and narrative reports with the CELF Preschool–2 Scoring Assistant. All reports comply with IDEA mandates.
- Item analysis
- Discrepancy Table
- Graphical (4)
- Pre-Literacy Ratings Scale
- Descriptive Pragmatics Profile
CELF Preschool-2 Sample Report
Resources and Case Studies
CELF Preschool-2 Growth Scores and Growth Charts (PDF – 1512 KB)
CELF Preschool-2 Case Study (PDF – 2 MB)
CELF-P2 Preschool Case Studies (PDF – 403 KB)
PLS-5/CELF Preschool-2 Comparison (PDF – 222 KB)
Includes examiner’s manual, 2 stimulus manuals, pad of 25 pre-literacy forms and a pack of 25 records forms in a bag