Author/s: David Wechsler
Project Managers for India Standardization: Michelle Joseph & Angelina Mao
Age Range: 6 years to 16 years 11 months
Administration: Individual – varies by number of subtests administered
Norms: Scaled Scores by age, Index Scores, Full-Scale IQ
The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children® – Fourth Edition(WISC-IV) builds on contemporary approaches in cognitive psychology and intellectual assessment, to give you an up to date, culturally appropriate and relevant tool to support your clinical judgment and guide your intervention.
The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fourth Edition (India) (WISC-IVINDIA) is a gold standard used globally and across India for assessing children’s intellectual ability. We are pleased to bring out the WISC-IV with India norms. Use the WISC-IVINDIA to obtain a valid and comprehensive profile of a child’s cognitive strengths and weaknesses, in the Indian context in order to ensure appropriate intervention.
WISC-IVINDIA combines the benefits of the most recent version of the WISC and has been adapted to be more relevant for India. Key features include:
- Culture appropriate items
- Norms for children in India
- Increased developmental appropriateness
- Increased emphasis on composite scores
- Increased attention to Working Memory and Processing Speed
- More user-friendly administration and scoring
- Reflects current theory and practice of cognitive assessment of children
New Subtests of the WISC-IV reflect current clinical knowledge and practice
- Matrix Reasoning – measures fluid reasoning
- Picture Concepts – measures fluid reasoning, perceptual organisation, and categorisation
- Letter-Number Sequencing – measures working memory
- Word Reasoning – measures reasoning with verbal material
- Cancellation – measures processing speed using random and structured animal target forms
India Norms include:
- Scaled scores by age
- Composite scores and Full Scale IQ
- Process Scores
It has four composite scores and the Full Scale IQ.
This system incorporates current theory and offers a better understanding of a child’s information processing abilities that will in turn help intervention
It can be used –
- To obtain a comprehensive assessment of general cognitive functioning
- As part of an assessment to identify learning difficulties, giftedness and cognitive strengths and weaknesses
- To guide treatment planning in clinical and educational settings
- For research purposes
Pearson Academy India (PAI), the training division of PCTA, conducts learning sessions for WISC-IVINDIA
Click here to learn more about PAI and register your interest in a future learning session for WISC-IVINDIA
Includes administration & technical manual, stimulus book, 25 record forms, 25 response booklets 1 & 25 response booklets 2, block design blocks, symbol search & coding scoring key and cancellation scoring templates with a bag.
Rs. 60,638 + tax, as applicable
To know the final price of this product, click below to request a quote.