Author/s: Ann E Boehm
Publication year: 2000
Age Range: 5 years to 7 years
Administration: Individual or Group – 30 to 45 minutes
Scores/ Interpretation: Percentiles and performance ranges for grades K, 1, and 2. Separate norms for fall and spring testing
Scoring options: Manual scoring
Evaluate basic concepts essential for school success
The Boehm-3 is based on research that identified the 50 basic concepts most frequently used by teachers in kindergarten, first, and second grade classrooms. Screen an entire classroom in 30–45 minutes or administer individually!
Uses & Applications
The Boehm-3 can be used:
- To identify students who may be at risk for a learning difficulty and may need referral for additional testing
- To identify students in the classroom who know most concepts, but are having difficulty understanding a few key concepts that are embedded in instruction
- For pre- and post-testing to determine progress as a result of instruction or intervention
- As part of a battery of tests to assess students’ language comprehension skills
Features & Benefits
- Can be administered to individuals or groups in a classroom setting
- Includes tools to help you comply with IDEA 2004 guidelines
- Provides norms for English and Spanish speakers
- Presents norms for both Fall and Spring testing so that you can evaluate progress at the beginning and end of the school year
- Both English and Spanish editions of the test are included in one test kit
- Two parallel forms, E and F, enable you to conduct pre- and post-testing to help determine if the student’s comprehension of the concept is consistent across multiple contexts. The results can be used to demonstrate progress as a result of teaching or intervention.
- New edition helps you measure 50 basic concepts most frequently occurring in current kindergarten, first, and second grade curriculum.
Boehm-3 was standardized with 6,000 students in Fall, 1999 and more than 4,000 students in Spring, 2000. The sample for the English edition was stratified by geographic region, race/ ethnicity, socioeconomic level, and urbanicity based on U.S. Census figures. The Spanish edition was also normed in Fall, 1999 and Spring, 2000 in bilingual classrooms in the United States. The sample for the Spanish edition included more than 300 children for each research phase.
Assessment to Intervention Using the Boehm Test of Basic Concepts–Third Edition (Boehm-3)
Boehm-3 Technical Report
Introduction to the Boehm Test of Basic Concepts-3
Presenter: Ann E. Boehm, PhD
This webinar will focus on evidence-based factors for teachers, school psychologists, and special educators to consider when using the test outcomes to guide instruction. Intervention planning will be explored using a developmental framework to monitor progress. A number of activities and games to play at school and at home will be presented.
Date: Apr 17, 2014
FAQ text goes here FAQ text goes here FAQ text goes here FAQ text goes here
Includes examiner’s manual, 25 test booklets (form E) and one class record