Author/s: Barbara Dodd, Sharon Crosbie, Beth McIntosh, Tania Teitzel and Anne Ozanne
Publication year: 2000
Age Range: 3 years to 6 years 11 months
Administration: Individual – 25 to 30 minutes (each subtest takes 4 to 5 minutes)
Measures a child’s phonological awareness skills
The premier test for preliterate children on the path to reading success
Easy to administer inventory of phonological awareness skills.
- Helps identify children at risk for reading failure.
- Fulfills the phonological awareness requirements of the Early Reading First and Reading First initiatives.
- Includes six subtests:
- Individual subtests can be administered quickly and easily.
- Subtest tasks are engaging with colorful artwork.
- Item analysis tables included on the Record Form for each subtest.
- Can be used as an outcomes-based measure.
- Norms are based on data that reflects the 2000 U.S. Census.
- Can be administered by SLPs, teachers, and paraprofessionals.
Pre-Reading Inventory of Phonological Awareness™ Brochure
Includes examiner’s manual, stimulus manual, record forms in bag