Author/s: Lorna Bennett, Pamela Ottley
Publication year: 1997
Age Range: 2 years to 12 years
A programme to teach the phonological awareness skills so critical for the focused word work in the Literacy Hour in Key Stage 1.
Launch into Reading Success provides a programme to teach the phonological awareness skills so critical for the focused word work in the Literacy Hour in Key Stage 1. Phonological awareness has been shown to be critical to longer term reading success.
Designed for use by classroom and special needs teachers, teaching assistants (under supervision) and speech and language therapists, Launch into Reading Success should be used with children, aged 2 to 12 years, with mild to severe indicators of literacy problems.
Launch into Reading Success provides 66 activity lessons divided into 9 sections. It’s designed to be both teacher friendly and fun for children. It is a carefully sequenced auditory training programme beginning with single words as units of sound and concluding with linkage.
Launch into Reading Success:
- Offers assessment over time (using evaluation and assessment record forms) so that areas of breakdown are pinpointed
- Provides teachers with individual and group record forms
- Pinpoints the areas where a child might need a specific type of help or simply more help
- Fully photocopiable exercises
- Is quick and easy to administer.
Manual, containing Rainbow Chart and Gameboard