The Gifted Rating Scales are norm-referenced rating scales based on current theories of giftedness and federal and state guidelines regarding the definition of gifted and talented students. Pre-school and Kindergarten teachers complete the Pre-School/Kindergarten GRS-P form for children between the ages of 4:0 and 6:11 years. This form of GRS–P contains brief scales covering five domains: intellectual, academic readiness, motivation, creativity and artistic talent. Teachers complete six brief scales on the School-Age GRS–S form to evaluate children between the ages of 6:0 through 13:11 years who are in grades 1 – 8. The six domains include: intellectual, academic, motivation, creativity, leadership and artistic talent.
Features and Benefits
- GRS–P (4:0-6:11) validity studies have been conducted linking it to the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence™—Third Edition (WPPSI™–III) and measures of potential in other domains.
- GRS–S (6:0-13:11) validity studies have been conducted linking it to the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children®—Third Edition (WISC®–III), and the Wechsler Individual Achievement Test®—Second Edition (WIAT®–II) and measures in other domains.
- Both forms of the GRS provides a standardized method for identifying children for gifted and talented programs based on teacher observations.
- Both forms of the GRS allows for identification of relative strengths and specific areas of giftedness.
- Both forms of the GRS provides specific behavioral guidelines for identification of giftedness within each domain.
- Teachers can complete both forms of the GRS easily and quickly.
Scoring and/or Reporting Options
Q-global™ Web-based Administration, Scoring, and Reporting – Enables you to quickly assess and efficiently organize examinee information, generate scores, and produce accurate comprehensive reports all via the Web.
Gifted Rating Scales Brochure (PDF- 314 KB)
- Parent Ratings Using the Chinese Version of the Parent Gifted Rating Scales–School Form: Reliability and Validity for Chinese Students
- Gifted Rating Scales-School Form: An Analysis of the Standardization Sample Based on Age, Gender, Race, and Diagnostic Efficiency
- Identifying Young Gifted Children Using the Gifted Rating Scales–Preschool/Kindergarten Form
- The Reliability and Validity of a Korean-Translated Version of the Gifted Rating Scales
- Gifted Identification: Measuring Change in a Student’s Profile of Abilities Using the Gifted Rating Scales
Introducing the Gifted Rating Scales on Q-global, complimentary training on the Gifted Rating Scales and Q-global, assigning and administering the test, and running reports.