Alan S. Kaufman, PhD, Nadeen L. Kaufman, EdD
RTI Level 2
Approximately 20 minutes
Crystallized (Verbal), Fluid (Nonverbal), IQ Composite: Standard scores (M = 100, SD = 15) and percentile ranks by age
- Features Crystallized (Verbal) Scale
- Measures verbal and nonverbal intelligence quickly
- Is easy to administer and score
- Use for a variety of purposes
- Provides valid and reliable results
- Features high-quality testing materials at a reasonable cost
KBIT-2 is better than ever
Professionals depend on the Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test (K-BIT) to measure both verbal and nonverbal ability. The second edition, also developed by leading cognitive ability experts Alan and Nadeen Kaufman, gives you the same practical and affordable test with enhanced benefits.
- Improved Crystallized (Verbal) Scale—includes receptive and expressive vocabulary items that do not require reading or spelling
- Attractive test items—offers new, full-color items that are specially designed to appeal to children and reluctant examinees
- Conormed with the brief achievement test, KTEA-II Brief Form, for ages 26 to 90
|An example of new full-color art from the Verbal Knowledge subtest.
Meets a wide range of needs
Like its predecessor, KBIT-2 can be used in a variety of situations. With KBIT-2, you can:
- Obtain a quick estimate of intelligence
- Estimate an individual’s verbal versus nonverbal intelligence
- Re-evaluate the intellectual status of a child or adult who previously received thorough cognitive assessment
- Screen to identify students who may benefit from enrichment or gifted programs
- Identify high-risk children through large-scale screening who require a more comprehensive evaluation
- Obtain a quick estimate of the intellectual ability of adults in institutional settings, such as prisons, group homes, rehabilitation clinics, or mental health centers
KBIT-2 measures two distinct cognitive abilities through two scales—Crystallized and Fluid.
- Crystallized (Verbal) Scale contains two item types: Verbal Knowledge and Riddles
- Fluid (Nonverbal) Scale is a Matrices subtest
Do you test bilingual examinees who speak both Spanish and English?
Although the KBIT-2 Crystallized (Verbal) Scale must be administered in English, correct responses in other languages are given credit. The KBIT-2 provides correct Spanish language responses on the record form for the Riddles subtest, making scoring easier and more accurate.
Consistent quality you expect
Like the original, KBIT-2 continues to provide:
- High reliability and validity
- Cultural fairness reflected in norming procedures and item selection
- Attractive, easy to use materials
- Scores provided on a familiar scale where mean = 100 and standard deviation = 15
- Independently established norms based on a national standardization sample selected to match U.S. census data
KBIT-2: Overview of the Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test-Second Edition
Presenter: Gloria Maccow, PhD
The KBIT-2, a brief measure of verbal and nonverbal intelligence, is used with individuals ages 4 through 90 years. The test is used in a variety of settings, including clinical, educational, vocational, and research settings. This one-hour webinar will provide a description of the KBIT-2. The presenter will focus on administration, scoring, and interpretation of the subtests, as well as technical properties of the instrument.
Date: Sep 28, 2011