Alan S. Kaufman, Nadeen L. Kaufman
Test school readiness, identify gifted children, evaluate program effectives and research childrens' early development
3:0 - 6:11
Age-based standard scores (mean = 100, standard deviation = 15) are available on the subtests, scales, and composite. Percentile ranks, descriptive categories, and age equivalents are also provided. Performance on the Articulation Survey subtest can be interpreted using descriptive categories (Normal, Below Average, Mild Difficulty, or Moderate to Severe Difficulty) and item error analysis procedures.
- Three subtests offer a well-rounded profile
- High-quality norms and reliability coefficients offer greater confidence
Useful for a variety of applications
The Kaufman Survey of Early Academic and Language Skills (K-SEALS) is perfect for preschools, kindergartens, elementary schools, speech and language clinics, medical agencies, or any other setting in which young children are assessed.
K-SEALS is valuable in a variety of situations—testing school readiness, identifying gifted children, evaluating program effectiveness, and researching children’s early development.
K-SEALS features three separate subtests for a well-rounded profile
- Vocabulary Subtest—the child identifies, by gesture or name, pictures of objects or actions and points to or names objects based on verbal descriptions of their attributes
- Numbers, Letters & Words—the child selects or names numbers, letters, or words; counts; indicates knowledge of number concepts (“smallest,” “half”); and solves number problems
- Articulation Survey—the child pronounces the names of common objects or actions and is assessed for correctness of pronunciation
Flexible test interpretation
K-SEALS is an expanded and enhanced version of the Cognitive/ Language Profile in the Early Screening Profiles. This means you receive a more reliable and balanced evaluation in the subtest, scale, and composite content areas. K-SEALS features three separate subtests for a well-rounded profile: Vocabulary Subtest; Numbers, Letters & Words; and Articulation Survey.
K-SEALS assures reliable, valid scores, including test-retest stability over long and short intervals. K-SEALS is standardized on a national sample of 1,000. The sample was controlled for age, gender, race, geographic region, and community size.
- Subtests—.88 to .94
- Scales—.81 to.94
- Subtests—.87 to .92
- Scales—.88 to.93