Wendy Coster, PhD, OTR/L, Theresa Deeney, EdD, Jane Haltiwanger, PhD, Stephen Haley, PhD, PTOverview:
Evaluate and monitor a student's performance of functional tasks and activitiesAge Range:
Kindergarten through grade 6Administration:
Individual scales can be completed in as little as 5 to 10 minutesNorms:
Criterion-Referenced ratingsPublication Date:
- Help elementary school students with disabilities succeed by identifying their strengths and needs in important nonacademic functional tasks.
- School personnel familiar with the student’s typical performance complete the SFA.
- Three scales are included for evaluating students—Participation, Task Supports, and Activity Performance.
- Criterion cut-off scores help establish eligibility for special services.
- Use SFA to facilitate collaborative program planning for students with a variety of disabling conditions.
SFA Overview (PDF – 114 KB)