Elisabeth H. Wiig, PhD, Wayne Secord, PhDOverview:
Measure metalinguistic higher-level language functionsAge Range:
Level 1: 5-9; Level 2: 10-18Completion Time:
Less than 60 minutesNorms:
Subtest and Composite Standard Scores, Percentile Ranks by Age, Overall Age Equivalent Score, Listening Comprehension and Oral Expression ScoresPublication Date:
See CELF-5 Metalinguistics, a revision of the TLC-E
- Use this tool to determine students’ language strategies, assist in developing remediation plans, and write Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals and objectives.
- Diagnose disorders of higher-level language function.
- TLC–Expanded is an excellent complement to basic language skills testing with CELF®–5.
- Subtests include Ambiguous Sentences, Listening Comprehension: Making Inferences, Oral Expression: Recreating Speech Acts, Figurative Language, and a supplemental memory subtest.
- Quick Screening Composite (based on two subtests) helps you determine the need for further testing.