ESI 3 is an individually administered screening instrument that helps identify children who may need special education services
reschool ages 3:0–4:5; ESI-K Kindergarten ages 4:6–5:11
Individual; paper-and-pencil and online
Manual or Digital scoring Digital score report, and parent report with intervention recommendations
RTI Level 1
15–20 minutes per child
Cutoff scores based on age norms
Complete our Stay in the Know form for updates on the new ESI 3.
Coming later this year!
ESI™ 3 is a revision of the successful ESI™-R, a popular developmental screening instrument designed to be individually administered to children ages 3:0–5:11. It identifies children who may need special education services in order to perform successfully in school.
What’s new with the ESI 3:
- Digital administration, scoring, and reporting
- More content to support social-emotional learning
- Research-based intervention recommendations
- Updated norms and validation studies
Benefits of the ESI 3:
- Popular observation-based approach
- Available in English and Spanish
- Addresses developmental, sensory, and behavioral concerns in the following areas:
- Visual motor/adaptive
- Language and cognition
- Gross motor skills