Author/s: Lucy J Miller
Publication year: 2006
Age Range: 2 years 6 months to 7 years 11 months
Administration: Individual – 40 to 60 minutes (Questionnaires – 5 to 10 minutes)
Scores/ Interpretation: Standard scores, percentile ranks, age equivalents, and progress scores
Assess a child’s functional performance related to school participation
An assessment that’s fun?
Not an oxymoron anymore
Miller Function & Participation Scales is an economically priced standardized assessment developed in conjuction with worldrenowned motor development expert, Dr. Lucy Miller.
Miller Function & Participation Scales uses hands-on functional activities that appeal to children with many items examining children’s development in fine, gross, and visual motor skills.
- Individualized workbook for each child to simulate early school activities— writing, drawing, tracing, and cutting
- Gross motor activities typical of home and gym activities—jumping, hopping, kicking
- Functional, play, and school-based activities that are fun and engaging
- Scaled scores, percentile ranks, and age equivalents for fine motor, gross motor, and visual motor
- Research data that includes individuals with mild to severe motor delays
Miller Function & Participation Scales is engaging for all children, including those with mild, moderate, or severe motor impairment. Children with lower motor-function skills can also participate in test activities.
To see Miller Function & Participation Scales in action:
click the following video clips
Includes manual, 25 record forms for ages 2.6 – 3.11, 25 record forms for ages 4.0 – 7.11, 25 workbooks for ages 2.6 – 3.11, 25 workbooks for ages 4.0 – 7.11, 25 home observation checklists, 25 classroom observation checklists, origami pads and set of manipulatives.
Warning – choking hazard for children under 3 years