Register for WorkshopFriday 12 Feb 2021 3:00pm-5:00pm IST Fee: INR 2500 + 18% GST Online
Topic: Emotional difficulties in Children and Adolescents
Assessing the emotional well-being of every school-going child and adolescent is vital in order to offer timely support and intervention for emotional and behavioral difficulties. If not checked, such difficulties may impede academic, personal, and social growth, resulting in a lifetime of challenges for such individuals.
This workshop trains participants in identifying emotional problems in school-going children and adolescents and offering appropriate support within the school. Participants learn from experts trained by Pearson, the essential aspects of emotional problems in school children, and ways to address them with objective assessment and support.
- Learn how to handle classroom behavioral and emotional issues that disrupt classroom learning
- Initiate informed discussions with parents and caregivers about a child’s emotional difficulties at school
- Demonstrate the underlying emotional causes of academic failures
- Schools will be able to Identify children for a referral to more extensive assessment and intervention services
- Schools will be able to implement an in-school mental-health support system for students
- Schools will ensure students struggling with emotional difficulties do not miss opportunities for academic achievement, emotional and social growth during school years
Who can attend: A range of school professionals including school teachers, special educators, school counselors, school psychologists, and any professional involved in the well-being of school children.
Nithi is an RCI registered Clinical Psychologist with an M.Phil in Clinical Psychology with areas of interest in cognition and neuropsychology. She has over four years of work experience in school and clinical setup.
Nithi is currently working as a Training and Assessment Specialist at Pearson