Pearson is a global education company. Pearson Clinical and Talent Assessment, a division of Pearson, has a long history related to some of the most respected names in publishing. Pearson Clinical and Talent Assessment have been at the forefront of test publishing for over 80 years. It is responsible for the publication of many tests which have now become the international standards in their fields.
We offer mental-health and education professionals in the Indian subcontinent premium quality psychological and educational assessment and intervention solutions that will promote learning, positive mental health and well-being within the diverse communities of South Asia. Our R&D, based out of Bangalore, has already adapted and standardized gold standard assessments such as the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC) and Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) for India, besides important assessment solutions for schools such as Dyslexia Screening Test – Junior (DST-J) and Raven’s Educational – CPM/CVS.
The focus of the role will be overseeing and managing projects for the development and standardization of a range of Pearson Clinical Assessment products. The role will involve a wide range of activities including, but not limited to: conceptualization and planning of project research; project planning and management including resource and budget management; direction and management of project teams; supplying technical expertise and training on research methods and assessments.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- M.Phil / PhD in Clinical Psychology
- Experience in administering and interpreting psychological tests
- Experience of clinical and educational services preferable
- Experience of running research projects
- Experience of statistical programs like SAS, SPSS
- Experience of digital product development preferable
- Experience managing people desirable
- 5- 8 years post-qualification desirable
- Have fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Manages local R&D projects including planning and completing tasks on adaptation, content development, standardization and final preparation of materials.
- Co-ordinates and liaises with key internal and external stakeholders and project support teams to meet project goals (E.g.: liaison with a team of international researchers, translators, language reviewers, psychometricians).
- Responsible for monitoring the translation of tests into Indian regional languages. This will include contracting and working with language/subject experts.
- Follows project management methodology to scope, plan, and execute Pearson Clinical projects. Tracks progress of projects and reports risks, issues and solutions for management.
- Supports the development and implementation of local R&D processes including such areas as content development for digital and paper products, research and scope plans, psychometric analysis and project management.
- Assists with the development of research plans for current and upcoming projects in association with the Head of Research and Development.
- Contributes to product improvement and development through the sharing of ideas or insights. Involvement in strategic decision-making plans for India.
- Continuously develops own skills and knowledge and keeps abreast of developments within the area of product development in assessment and intervention domains.
- Provides supervision to research assistants working on projects.
- Provides subject matter expertise to internal Business teams – Sales and Customer Support
- Responsible for liaison with key stakeholders in the School, Government and Corporate sectors, with some travel involved
KEY Contact to apply:
Name: Nagraj R Vasan
Contact No: 9972833170
Email Id: email@example.com