Donald D. Hammill, PhD, Nils A. Pearson, J. Lee WiederholtOverview:
An individually administered measure of nonverbal reasoning.Age Range:
6:0 to 89:11Administration:
RTI Levels 2 and 3Completion Time:
Standard scores, percentile ranks, age equivalentsPublication Date:
The CTONI-2 is a popular norm-referenced test that uses nonverbal formats to measure general intelligence of children and adults whose performance on traditional tests might be adversely affected by subtle or overt impairments involving language or motor abilities. The CTONI-2 measures analogical reasoning, categorical classification, and sequential reasoning, using six subtests in two different contexts: Pictures of familiar objects (e.g., people, toys, animals) and geometric designs (unfamiliar sketches and drawings). The six subtests are: (1) Pictorial Analogies, (2) Geometric Analogies, (3) Pictorial Categories, (4) Geometric Categories, (5) Pictorial Sequences, and (6) Geometric Sequences.
- The overall look of the test has been updated and enhanced.
- All new normative data were collected in 2007and 2008.
- Floor effects have been eliminated.
- Study of item bias has been expanded.
- New oral instructions for common non-English languages in the United States have been provided.
Complete CTONI-2 Kit (©2009) Includes:
- Examiner’s Manual
- Analogies Picture Book
- Categories Picture Book
- Sequences Picture Book
- 25 Examiner Record Forms
- all in a sturdy storage box. Box measures 11.875″ x 3.625″ x 9.375″ (L x W x H)